Our Invitation to Students
We are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine...but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.
Testimonies from Our Students
We invite you to discover Christ and to grow toward greater maturity in Him through the ministry of Grace Heritage Church. You will not find a run-of-the-mill college ministry that separates college students from the fellowship. Instead, you will find a church that intentionally focuses on cross-generational relationships.
Mistakes Students Make About Church...and Our Vision for Students
Our vision is to lead you to discover the infinite value of Christ and to live out your life in connection with other Christians according to the priorities and pattern revealed by Christ. We have eight commitments in our ministry to students:
- We will lead you to see Christ as the all-satisfying Savior who answers to all of our deepest longings and calls us to follow him out of delight rather than mere duty.
- We will teach you to understand that the Christian faith provides a coherent explanation of the big questions of life and helps us to make sense of the world around us.
- We will relate to you as emerging adults, not overgrown youth.
- We will equip and encourage you to use your spiritual gifts here and now to promote the health and growth of Christ's body, the church.
- We will introduce you to and prepare you for biblical family life by involving you with the families of our church.
- We will inspire you with a vision of healthy church life for your future service in a local church.
- We will equip you to live out your Christian life in a real-world setting.
- We will encourage you to be all that the New Testament pictures believers being in a local church.
We invite you to engage with us to see this vision become a reality in your life.
Testimonies from Our Students
Truthfully, I didn't want to attend at Grace Heritage at first. As a
shy freshman, it was hard for me to go to a small church, where it was
impossible to get lost in the crowd and where I would actually have to
talk to people! Plus, all of the students I met my freshman year were
going to the bigger churches, and the big college programs were quite
enticing. I thought it would be a great way to make friends. But,
I am so thankful God kept me at Grace! First of all, the relationships
I have formed at Grace are priceless. The older women are dedicated to
mentoring the younger ones and, as a result, I have grown immensely in
spiritual maturity. A big group of college students may sound safe and
familiar, but Grace is truly my family.
Before coming to Auburn, I knew little about the importance of finding a
church home in college. As a young Christian, I figured that by going
to a campus ministry once a week and attending a worship service on
Sunday would suffice. I did not understand the biblical importance and
value of deep Christian worship and fellowship, especially during my
formative college years. By God's grace, he lead me to Grace Heritage.
When I came to Auburn I did not know anyone or anything, including
which church I should go to. Yet with much grace and a little searching
God led me to Grace Heritage and I am extremely thankful. I immediately
recognized the warm, God centered and Christ exalting atmosphere of this
body and was greatly strengthened and challenged to grow...
Grace Heritage was my family away from home. They guided me and
strengethed my walk with Christ by always pointing me towards the gospel.
The people at GHC have a heart for the word, for people in the Auburn
area, and across the world. I'm so glad God brough this church into my
life, for such a time as this. Thank you Grace Heritage, you planted seeds into my heart and my life, and i will forever be grateful!!!!
I felt a quick bond to GHC because of the people but really mostly because of the focus. Not as man centered as I was used to and much more Christ centered. I think that was the catch phase at the time but I feel that Grace Heritage Church was centered on Christ and that in turn aligned me to have Christ as my center. Martha soon began attending with me and I feel that my maturity in Christ and as a man of God grew faster than it had ever before.